It has been established that smoking is really dangerous to the health and poses a lot of impending complications. But the problem does not only stop there because once you decided to quit smoking, withdrawal symptoms are very hard to surpass. This is because of the nicotine in your body.
Basically, the nicotine comes from Tobacco plant. The leaves of the plant is then dried, smoked and or sniffed. Aside from the addictive nicotine, tobacco plant also contains Tar which is a chemical that causes cancer. But once a smoker becomes addicted to nicotine, it gives them a sense of comfort, satisfaction and calm. Smokers would argue that the addiction helps them to be concentrated and attentive. By the time you become so engrossed, quitting seem very hard.
Experts made up an acronym as a simple way to remember when completely breaking up with smoking.
- Set a quit date. You choose the date when you want to quit. Experts suggests choosing a quit date after 2 weeks.
- Telling family, friends and colleagues. It is important to involve these people when quitting to smoke. They are your primary support group and gives your encouragement when you face challenges along the way.
- Anticipating the challenges. They say don’t go to a battle unarmed. It is the same as in quitting to smoke. There will be challenges ahead and it is best to prepare for them than be surprised.
- Remove temptations. Remove all tobacco products from your sight because it will just tempt you to go back to smoking again. Clean your room and wash your clothes so that you be able to smell the cigar and linger on it.
- Talk to experts. Talking to doctors will help a lot when you want to quit smoking. The doctors will be able to help you with the withdrawal symptoms and can even prescribe you with medications. There are also quit smoking Brisbane hypnotherapy which prove to be very helpful because the coaches guide you to completely be nicotine-free for the rest of your life.
Once you decide to quit smoking, you can do other natural and healthy lifestyle to combat and excrete the nicotine in your body. One of the advantages of exercising is that it lessens your cravings for nicotine. Exercising help you focus and reduce stress level. It also provides positive outcome and helps you become leaner and healthier. Exercising along with proper diet and regular appointment to a quit smoking hypnotherapy session turns out the best in you.
Once you find yourself on the verge of giving up your “quit smoking routine” all you need to do is distract yourself. Watch television shows, or call your friend. Or visit the quit smoking hypnotherapy near you that lingering voice calling you to smoke again will be shut down.
Quitting smoking is a long process and it takes baby steps to be completely nicotine-free. You should reward yourself every week of accomplishment by eating out or buying something for yourself. This will encourage you to continue what you’re doing and push yourself to reach the end of the line.