Marijuana is a Mexican term that was originally applied to low quality tobaccoJ, the plant was originally cultivated in China for therapy and recreation. Today however, marijuana has overtaken the events of time and become one of the most revered plants across the US. It has been legalized and can today be used by anyone who is an adult for various health benefits.
In the last 10 years alone marijuana has played a vital role in the use in addressing various health problems and diseases including Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, depression, migraines, suppression of cancer, and suppression of extreme pains. But this is only so when marijuana is used accordingly and within the directives of a physician.
If not, marijuana can turn out to be a very dangerous drug with very harmful side effects. Here are some of the side effects that any medical marijuana user will experience in case they choose to overuse medical marijuana, abuse the drug, or take an overdose as opposed to what was originally prescribed to them by the doctor or say physician.
- Marijuana causes depression. You will find yourself using the drug to try and get rid of depression. This instead leads to abuse and more depression. The signs of depression could mean overeating, withdrawal from social circles, and also gaining weight. You could also lose your sense of judgment overtime.
- Marijuana causes withdrawal. When the drug is not accessible many marijuana abusers will face severe withdrawal signs and symptoms. This develops into uncontrollable cravings and in turn very damaging results. Withdrawal symptoms are in fact very dangerous if they come together with stress that has accumulated overtime.
- Marijuana causes physical problems. Constant abuse of marijuana will increase your breathing, heighten your heartbeat, blood rate, and thus makes the body to overwork. This will speed up your aging process and leave you looking older than you really are. In turn it increases the risks of chronic diseases including lung cancer, strokes, and heart attacks.
- Marijuana decreases testosterone. In male the overuse of marijuana causes a decrease in testosterone. This could easily lead to enlarged breasts and poor body shape among other things. On female, marijuana abuse will lead to increased testosterone in women that can easily cause irregular menstrual periods in women.
- Marijuana can lead to infertility. In case you stop using marijuana as prescribed by your doctor you could easily find yourself having low sperm count and an increase in immature or under developed sperms. However the use of marijuana in the right doses does not cause this and will definitely leave you with very healthy sperms.
- Marijuana also causes irritable effects. Among other irritable effects are anxiety, anger, violence, red eyes, dry mouth, and uneven bursts. This only happens when marijuana is abused or over used.
In case you are business owner who is looking to indulge in marijuana business, you should sensitize your clients on the proper use of medicinal marijuana. Include such programs in your sample dispensary business plan and make sure you set aside funds for it.